Some classics, some of our own, and some created by our friends:
The Chin Up
Contributed by David Lebovitz after a visit to our distillery. Full post is here.
2 slices of cucumber
tiny pinch of kosher or sea salt
2 ounces gin
1/2 ounce Cynar
1/2 ounce dry vermouth
1. Muddle one slice of cucumber with the salt in a mixing glass or small pitcher.
2. Add the gin, Cynar and vermouth, and fill the mixing glass partially with ice. Stir briskly until the mixture is well-chilled, about 20 seconds.
3. Strain into a chilled stemmed cocktail glass and float a cucumber slice on top.
A take on the Kentucky Maid.
Contributed by Joshua White from Robert Bar (104 Bond St, Brooklyn)
2 oz 77 Whiskey: Local Rye and corn
0.75 oz fresh cucumber juice
0.75 oz mint simple syrup
0.50 oz fresh lime juice
3 mint leaves
Shake all ingredients and strain into a highball glass with ice. Top with club soda and 2 dashes angostura bitters, garnish with mint crown.
Holiday Old Fashioned
Contributed by Alfredo from Brooklyn Grooming®
2 oz 77 Local Rye and corn
1 oz Cranberry Simple Syrup
2 dashes bitters
1. Rim glass with sugar -only if you’d like it that way
2. Muddle the cranberries and orange wedge in a glass.
3. Add rye and simple syrup.
4. Top with bitters and stir.
5. Add ice.
The Aviation Cocktail
2 oz Glorious Gin
0.5 oz Maraschino Liqueur
0.25 oz Crème de violette
0.75 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
Combine all the ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake, strain into a chilled glass and garnish with a brandied cherry.
The Tom O’Connell
A twist on the Tom Collins, served them at Brad’s wedding.
3 parts Glorious Gin
2 parts fresh squeezed lime juice
1 part simple syrup
5 fresh thyme leaves
Combine first three ingredients and mix well. Pour over ice, top with soda water, and garnish with thyme leaves.